Qualities of a Good Investigator:
An Investigator with the State Attorney’s Office is responsible for investigatory work, conducting criminal investigations into cases involving capital, criminal or juvenile felonies and misdemeanors. This requires a highly motivated, self-starting individual who works well without close supervision; who will work tirelessly until the job is completed, even if it requires working after hours; who has the ability to get along with co-workers and the public, as well as other law enforcement agencies; whose reputation for honesty and integrity is above reproach and who has never had disciplinary problems in prior law enforcement employment; and who is anxious to become a valuable member of the prosecution trial team.
- Conducting investigations of alleged misconduct of other law enforcement agencies;
- Conducting crime scene investigations to gather evidence and take pictures for use in court;
- Evaluating evidence of investigations and preparing reports and findings;
- Assisting local and state law enforcement agencies in conducting investigations;
- Making arrests on probable cause with or without search or arrest warrants, including the pursuit, apprehension and arrest of violators of criminal activities;
- Testifying in court as to conclusions and evaluations of evidence;
- Performing related work as required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Investigator applicants are required to have at least five (5) years’ prior law enforcement experience and current certification by the Florida (FDLE) Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
We seek applicants who are certified and experienced law enforcement officers, who have prepared themselves by seeking out higher education and training opportunities, both in academic and professional training programs.
If you are interested in a law enforcement career with the State Attorney’s Office, please complete the application provided below and send it, along with your resume, to:
State Attorney’s Office
Attn: Human Resources
311 West Monroe Street
Ed Austin Building
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
After downloading, you must print the application and complete it using a pen or typewriter. This form cannot be filled out on your computer and may not be submitted via e-mail.
NOTE: This application is provided in the Adobe PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download this file.