Sealing and Expunging Fair
APRIL 27, 2022 | 4-7 PM
FSCJ Downtown Campus – Advanced Technology Center
A criminal record can make it hard to find a job or rent a home. Would you like help in trying to seal or expunge an arrest record? Pre-register for the sealing and expunging fair by reviewing the eligibility requirements and submitting the registration form below.
This particular event is for court-ordered sealing and expunging only. If you have been convicted of a crime or your case occurred outside of Duval County, you will be ineligible for this particular event.
*Please note, any cases that occurred before the age of 18 require a different process and will not be processed at this event.*
There are several types of seal and expungement processes in Florida. Visit the FDLE’s website for more information about the record sealing and expungement processes.
Please only register once. If you previously registered for this event, it has been received and recorded.
Ask yourself these questions:
1) Do I have a criminal record or arrest in Florida? YES or NO
2) Have I paid all of the fines and fees associated with my criminal case? YES or NO
If you answered YES to BOTH of the questions in Step 1, proceed to Step 2.
Ask yourself this question:
1) Do I have any criminal convictions? YES or NO
Note: If the court “withheld adjudication” then it is NOT classified as a conviction.
If you answered YES to Step 2, STOP.
Consult a local attorney for a more detailed examination of your options.
If you answered NO to Step 2, proceed to Step 3.
Have you PLED GUILTY or NO-CONTEST to any of the following charges?
- Homicide; Manslaughter; Act of Terrorism (§ 775.30)
- Illegal use of explosives; Unlawful use of destructive devices
- Battery; Aggravated Battery; Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Robbery; Home-invasion robbery; Burglary of a dwelling; Petit Theft
- Sexual Battery; Act of domestic violence; Stalking or Aggravated stalking
- Cruelty to animals; aircraft piracy; Manufacturing any substances in violation of Chapter 893, F.S.
- Child abuse; Aggravated child abuse; Neglect of a child; Lewd, lascivious, or indecent assault, or act upon or in the presence of a child under 16
If you answered YES to any of the charges listed in Step 3, you may NOT be eligible to seal/expunge. You cannot have committed one of the special classes of offenses listed above to be eligible for this event. Consult a local attorney for a more detailed examination of your options.
If you answered NO to all of the charges listed in Step 3, you MAY be eligible to seal/expunge.
About the Fair
For detailed information about the Seal and Expunge process, contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) at the link below:
For questions about the State Attorney’s Office Seal and Expungement event, please email [email protected] or visit 311 W. Monroe Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
Please only register once. If you previously registered for this event, we have received and recorded it.
Please complete and submit the form linked below to register your eligibility, and a representative of the
State Attorney’s Office will contact you after reviewing your information.
PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 8
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME
ELIGIBILITY (in other words)
You are NOT eligible to participate in this event if you:
- Are a convicted felon or have been convicted of a misdemeanor (Note: if the Court “withheld adjudication,” it is not classified as a conviction)
- Were arrested outside of Duval County, Florida
- Still owe court costs, fines, or restitution in your case
- Are still on probation for the case you want to seal
- Pled guilty or no contest to any of the above listed charges.
This event is being held as a courtesy by the State Attorney’s Office for Florida’s Fourth Judicial Circuit and its community partners. This event is intended to be a convenient, one-stop-shop for the process of court-ordered sealing and expunging. Each of the partners is donating the time and costs normally associated with each of their services during this event.