The Clerical Support Staff of the State Attorney’s Office is responsible for secretarial work of considerable variety and complexity. Success requires a detail-oriented individual with initiative, who is reliable and thorough, and able to interact pleasantly and courteously with both the public and fellow employees.
Duties May Include:
- Performing data entry required to track case progress and history
- Preparing and processing legal documents and records
- Typing correspondences, court orders, investigative reports, office memorandums, subpoenas and expense vouchers
- Maintaining control records on the incoming correspondence and action documents
- Tracking and following up on work in process to ensure timely reply or action
- Locating and pulling case files on the court calendar, preparing for Assistant State Attorney to take to court
- Answering telephone calls, and resolving or routing appropriately
- Reading incoming mail, and handling or routing appropriately
- Performing all clerical work related to a particular phase of the supervisor’s program, maintaining all records, and composing correspondence relative to the program
- Performing related work as required
Minimum Training and Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Skills testing may be required for designated positions.